For any traveler the first issue is to find an apartment. In Belarus, you can find a variety of accommodation types, for every taste and budget: big luxurious and small hotels, hostels, and private housing.
We’ve made a list of key tourist hotels in Minsk and throughout Belarus to ensure your comfortable stay.
Hotels in Minsk
There are more than 350 hotels and hundreds of other housing facilities in Belarus. Minsk is now actively building new hotels and upgrading the existing ones. This is partly due to the visa-free regime established in Belarus and various international sports championships that are regularly held in the country.
Currently Minsk can provide accommodation for more than 10,000 travelers.
Though most of the hotels are three star, there are some 4* and 5* hotels available in Minsk:
- Renaissance has gained a reputation for providing superb service. This is a five-star hotel providing modern business center facilities, a sauna, a pool, a fitness center as well as a wellness and spa center. The rooms are fully equipped with all the necessary stuff to guarantee you a positive experience.
- President is situated in the center of Minsk so it won’t take long to get anywhere in the city. It provides various sports and recreation facilities, like a free wellness center, a beauty salon, an indoor pool, a sauna and a lot more. The suites have classic-style décor with warm colors and are equipped with all necessary facilities.
- DoubleTree by Hilton was built not long ago. There you will be provided with a wide range of restaurants to dine and beautiful city views. It provides a modern fitness center, as well as a business center and a modern conference hall for business people.
- Besides the five-star service, Boutique Hotel Buta provides such recreation facilities as an indoor pool, a sauna, a bar and a 24-hour restaurant. The suites of this five-star hotel are well equipped and provide a mini bar. Gambling enthusiasts can try their luck at the Universal casino.
- Marriott provides a great diversity of services: there you can relax at a spa center, watch a movie at a boutique cinema and improve their physical shape at a fitness center. Besides that, for business people there are well-equipped conference rooms and a modern business center. Most suites have a balcony with a river view.
- Beijing provides an indoor swimming pool, as well as a wellness and spa center. The suits are equipped with all necessary amenities, and some even have a beautiful garden view. There you can enjoy both Asian and European dishes. Business people can make use of the conference rooms while gambling enthusiasts can pass time at a casino.
- Europe is situated in the center of Minsk and provides an indoor swimming pool, a fitness center, a hammam and a sauna. Guests are served dishes of the national and European cuisines.
The 2* and 3* hotels are comfortable to stay as well: they provide spacey cozy rooms and good service. Garni, Victoria Hotel na Zamkovoy, Belarus, Yubileiny, Monastyrski, Hampton, Willing and many others.
Tourists on a tight budget can book a room in IT Time, East Time, Sport Time. They were built specially for the 2014 IIHF World Championship.
The Comfort aparthotel comprises 135 apartments with various numbers of rooms, all equipped with modern conveniences. The aparthotel provides services of a three-star hotel.
Travelers on a tight budget can book a room at a hostel, currently, there are nine of them in Minsk.
Hotels Throughout Belarus
Travelers who are seeking the historical atmosphere of Belarus can head right to Nesvizh and Mir castles.
In Nesvizh, you can stay in one of the three hotels (Nesvizh, Palace, and a hotel in Giejsika St), or rent a private house.
At Mir castle, you can book one of the 16 rooms, each combining unique luxurious interior and modern conveniences.
The choice of housing facilities in regional cities is significantly smaller than in Minsk, however even in a small town you can find at least one hotel to overnight. In regional cities and small towns, hotels are usually unrated: the suites are divided into categories depending on the range of services and the level of comfort provided. Therefore, it is important to do research beforehand. Hence, we recommend booking a room in advance.
Besides that, in Belarus, you can overnight at private motels and mini-hotels. Though they are not so impressive, they are equipped with all necessary amenities and provide high-level service.
The standard check-in time is 2pm while the check-out time is 12am.
The service personnel in high-class hotels correspond to world standards and speak foreign languages (English is a must). Guests are served a continental breakfast or a buffet at a restaurant, and provided with guarded parking lots.
In lower-class hotels, the personnel mostly speak only Belarusian and Russian and provide fewer services. Guests are served a mini buffet or à la carte meals, or may not have any café or restaurant on the premises.
Prices for Accommodation
The price range for an apartment is very wide in Minsk. You will pay around $7-25 for one night in a hostel (depending on the type of room) and over $300 for a suite at a five-star hotel. At a four-star hotel, the price is lower and averages $180-190. An economy-class room will cost $40-50.
In some cases, it might be cheaper to use the accommodation provided as a part of tour packages. With g4 tours, you will not only stay in a comfortable and well-equipped hotel room but will also have a personal guide who will show you the key Belarus attractions. At g4 tours you can book a tour around Minsk, Grodno, Brest or Vitebsk and even go a circular tour around Belarus! Don’t hesitate and plan your trip right now!